- Payment in full must be received no later than 30 DAYS PRIOR to all competition dates with your entries in the form of an e-transfer, studio cheque or money order. No postdated cheques will be accepted. A late charge of 10% for all late entries will apply.
- Every competition will be on a first come first serve basis and will have a limited number of entries. Inspire dance challenge reserves the right to refuse individual or studio entries.
- No limit of entries per studio. However, a minimum of 5 groups and 20 entries in total must be registered in order to be included in the Studio Standings. ( Competitive Level 2 categories only). The category of the top studio is based on the top 10 marks for a possible mark out of 1000. Competitive level 1 requirement for studio standing is based on the top 5 routines for a total mark out of a possible 500.
- The competition could be 1 to 4 days. Competitors must compete on scheduled days and times.
- Competition rules are at our sole discretion and may be modified to create the best environment for a fair and equitable event. We reserve the right to amend, change or modify rules to suit the event as we see fit.
- Inspire will provide a competition between at least 3 participating studios at any given event.
- The methods of delivering any event are at our sole discretion.
- We guarantee a competition where entries are challenging each other to determine the best in order of their scoring based on unbiased judging using our scoring model and rules. Judges are not influenced to pick one entry over another and are using their professional opinion to determine the best performance based on our criteria.
- Dancers may not compete against themselves in any category or age division. However, routines from the same studio may compete against each other. (Note: exactly the same group may not place in the same overall, and only up to ½ can be the same dancers at the sole discretion of the event organizers). Soloists, duets, and trios cannot win more than one Overalls in the same category and age division.
- You will receive confirmation of your entries from our office via email with a preliminary schedule. All changes are to be made at this time and faxed or emailed to the Inspire office. You will receive the final schedule 1 to 2 weeks prior to the event. NO CHANGES ARE PERMITTED ONCE THE FINAL SCHEDULE IS SENT. This rule will be strictly enforced.
- Any additional entries included after the final schedule is sent will not be placed in Overalls.
- Competitors should be ready to perform 1 hour before their scheduled time in case the competition is running ahead of schedule.
- Dancing out of order is not allowed, except for costume changes, which must be verified by the show director or backstage manager. A minimum of 15 minutes (5 routines) will be scheduled for costume changes. Routines asked to perform out of order may result in deductions. Dancers or studios causing unwarranted delays to the set schedule may receive further deductions.
- Inspire Dance Challenge Inc. reserves the right to move a competition location or to change, add/subtract days due to unforeseen circumstances. If enough entries are not received by Inspire Dance Challenge, we reserve the right to cancel any competition.
- Any prize money is awarded to the studio only.
Individual dancers are not entitled to any cash prizes.
- A studio representative must be present at the Overall award ceremony to receive placement ribbons and trophies.
- scores are delivered electronically at the end of the event once closed by the Competition Director. They will be available in Competition Wizard in your studio portal routines page in our section event.
- at the end of the competition. Inspire will not incur any shipping and/or mailing expenses.
- A competitor making a second attempt at a routine may be judged, but not eligible for Overalls. Novice classification is excluded from this rule, but only one 2nd attempt will be allowed for a novice routine.
- Only teachers and studio-approved prop assistants can be backstage. All others will be asked to leave. Dancers are not allowed backstage unless your routine is within the next 3 to 4 numbers. The event reserves the right to limit any number of people in the facility at any time.
Props are allowed at Inspire Dance Challenge and MUST be placed and removed within 2 minutes failure to do so may result in a deduction of marks. Please ensure to fill out the prop section with details and time required during the entry process.
No dangerous props are to be used on stage, such as fire, dry ice, fireworks, explosives, swords, or knives. Props must be freestanding. Scenery or backdrops requiring the use of theatre fly bars or special lighting are NOT to be used. Helium balloons, special fog, and smoke are not permitted. Larger props are to be handled by the studio. Inspire is not responsible for any props. If the stage is littered after your performance with feathers, confetti, paper, etc. you should be prepared to remove it immediately following the routine. No form of liquid gel, aerosol, powder, or glitter may be used that would affect the dancing surface.
- One wireless mic (without a stand) will be provided. If other audio equipment is required, please advise Inspire in advance.
Photography and videotaping are strictly prohibited. All of our media is delivered to participants free of charge and it is distracting, rude, and unwelcome to have iPhone screens showing to the audience behind you when their children may be on stage.
- It is understood by entering the competition, competitors, parents, teachers, and directors give their permission to Inspire dance challenge to use their pictures and performances for advertising or promotional material (e.g. brochures, competition programs, website, social media, television, video, etc.) Studio or independent registration, in any event, will grant Inspire Dance Challenge the right to use any image fee and royalty-free in perpetuity. Your participation in the event requires this and the images and media captured at the event become our property.
- FAMILY FRIENDLY POLICY: Inspire dance challenge is dedicated to providing an environment that is “Family Friendly”. We realize that dance is an art form and crosses a broad range of styles and tastes. However, movements, music, and costuming must be age-appropriate and suitable for family viewing. If a routine or costuming is deemed too suggestive or not age-appropriate, deductions will be taken. The use of dance themes such as rape, suicide, domestic violence, murder, sex, anorexia, and dark undertones are chosen and/or presented to audiences with a lack of “artistic discretion” is considered inappropriate. Again, we recognize this is extremely subjective and sensitive. Therefore, Inspire Dance Challenge will individually address these performances as they surface at each particular event.
- Inspire Dance Challenge Inc. makes every effort to align with reputable vendors (photographers, videographers, etc.) at various events. Inspire is not responsible for any unfulfilled orders resulting in a financial loss for the customer that may be caused as a direct result of the business practice of any of its vendors.
- Any questions or concerns regarding dance routines should be brought to the attention of the show director, by a teacher, or the studio director/owner ONLY
- No refunds are issued once fees have been paid. Gift certificates and/or credit will be issued for future Inspire Dance Challenge entries in case of illness (with a Doctor’s note).
- No smoking, eating, or drinking in the competition area.
- At Inspire Dance Challenge the decisions of the judges are final, the manner and method of the judging is solely within the discretion of Inspire Dance Challenge and its judging panel.
- Inspire Dance Challenge reserves the right at any time to amend, add to or limit any rule at its sole discretion to maintain fair competition.
Upon entering Inspire Dance Challenge Inc, it is agreed that teachers, competitors, parents, and relatives will not hold Inspire Dance Challenge Inc. directors, employees, the host facility, and all involved in the competition responsible for any damages, loss, or personal injury which they may sustain while participating in any activity connected with this competition, no matter how caused, to either spectators or contestants. Dancers compete at their own risk.
- Teachers and studio directors are responsible to ensure that all tricks and movements performed by their dancers are technically appropriate to all dancers’ levels. Inspire Dance Challenge Inc. and the host facility will not be held responsible for any injury that may be sustained during any dancers’ performances.
- Music must be submitted by the music upload feature in Compwizard or Competition Wizard in MP3 format prior to the event or by digital media USB or iPod/iPad (if using iTunes, each entry must have its own playlist labeled the same as the entry.
- Video submissions for virtual adjudication must be made 30 days prior to the event to ensure the fidelity of the media. This is done in the Competition Wizard portal.
- The Inspire Dance Challenge rules will be evaluated and enforced on an individual basis, based on what is deemed best for all parties involved.
- Due to COVID-19 Duets and trios in the 2022 year only are accepted to fulfill the group qualifying for studio overall standing.
We as an event reserve the right to postpone, reschedule and move events based on unforeseen changes.
The event organizers reserve the right to modify rules, categories, qualifications, and any award structure should it be required to guarantee reasonable competition for the attendees at their sole discretion.
Inspire Dance Challenge recognizes the studio director submitting the entries for our events as the “customer” in all cases. Any communications around the entry, scheduling, payment, credits, modifications, or withdrawals must occur through the studio director.